Tips for a Transmission Swap 350 to 700R4
Place the new transmission pan gasket over the transmission pan, aligning all holes. Drive the vehicle onto car ramps, put it in park, and set the emergency brake. You can reuse your factory three-speed shifter, but you'll lose control over first gear. Disconnect the negative and positive terminals of the battery. Back the vehicle off the car ramps.
Tips The toggle switch can be installed in any location inside the vehicle. Add transmission fluid through the transmission fill tube, online checking the fluid level every quart to prevent over filling. Torque the transmission bolts to the manufacturer's recommended torque with a small torque wrench.
Re 700r4 TCC/lockup wiring
If you have a Holley or Edelbrock fuel mixer, you'll need a throttle kickdown adapter bracket fitted to the transmission. Put on safety glasses and place a large drain pan under the transmission pan. This article was written by the It Still Runs team, copy edited and fact checked through a multi-point auditing system, 1 nite stand in efforts to ensure our readers only receive the best information. Locate a body ground under the vehicle and attach one end of the gauge wire to the body ground. Allow as much fluid as possible to drain from the broken seal between the transmission and transmission pan.
You can reuse the rear passing gear throttle kickdown cable bracket on the engine and carburetor if you have the original carb. Photo Credits shifter image by Brett Bouwer from Fotolia. Secure all gauge wire to the vehicle with zip ties to prevent any hanging wire.
HOT ROD Rescue Lockup a 700-R4 Torque Converter Without a Computer
Attach the constant side of the toggle switch. Never attempt to drive a vehicle with low transmission fluid. Loosen the transmission pan bolts four or five turns each, and gently pry down on the edge of the transmission pan, being careful to prevent any bending or warping. To submit your questions or ideas, or to simply learn more about It Still Runs, contact us. Decide where the toggle switch will be located within the vehicle, ben flajnik 2019 dating and install it.
Shift Linkage You can reuse your factory three-speed shifter, but you'll lose control over first gear. Install the new filter into the transmission by gently pushing up on it. This bracket helps to correct for the aftermarket carb's longer throttle levers, preventing a hard, light kickdown. Warnings Never turn on the torque converter lock-up at slow speeds, as this may damage your vehicle. If you want the torque converter to lock up for better fuel mileage, you'll have to install a lock-up control kit in the transmission pan.
- Always leave enough extra length when cutting wire, so it can be secured later.
- Lock-up Control If you want the torque converter to lock up for better fuel mileage, you'll have to install a lock-up control kit in the transmission pan.
- Place one hand firmly on the transmission pan and hold it to the transmission case.
- Route this wire through the rubber grommet in the firewall and down to the transmission.
- When the solenoid is engaged, fluid is applied to the torque converter clutch, creating lockup and a direct link between the engine and transmission.
- Press the transmission pan back onto the transmission and hand-tighten the bolts that secure the pan to the transmission.
- Engine Links You can reuse the rear passing gear throttle kickdown cable bracket on the engine and carburetor if you have the original carb.